Friday, May 10, 2013

Oatmeal Banana Muffins



These just sound disgusting to Mr. WSBF because he's not a huge fan of oatmeal and actively despises bananas. But I LOVE them! And I was so skeptical because they use no flour and so few ingredients I thought for sure they'd be boring. But they're so not. And they're so easy!

Ingredients:
2 bananas (preferably very ripe)
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup sugar (this could easily be reduced)
1/3 cup apple sauce
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Cinnamon


Mix all of the ingredients together and scoop into cupcake papers. I usually fill them pretty full because I like overflowing cupcakes and muffins, but you're supposed to fill them 2/3 of the way.

Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees. My toothpick came out perfectly clean after around 18 minutes.


Let them cool a tad and enjoy!

I'm so happy to have found an easy to make, healthy, gluten-free breakfast recipe. Two of these kept me from thinking about food until lunch. OK, that's a lie. I'm never not thinking about food... But I was satisfied.


Total Cost: ~$3 (makes 12-15)
Total Time: 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment